Helium Is Finally Moving From its Custom Blockchain Tech to Solana (SOL)

1 min


The community members of the of Things (IoT) blockchain tech network, Helium, has voted for a complete transition to Solana (SOL) to make better network scalability.

  • The proposition published by the Helium Foundation has been in the works for a few months.
  • In August, the foundation the reasons behind the core developers’ inclination to Solana (SOL) from its own bespoke chain to ramp up Helium in terms of speed, stability, and ability to serve more users.
  • The vote for the migration began on September 12. A majority of 81.41 percent voted in favor of the migration, while the rest, 18.59%, stood against it.
  • The proposition states,

“The proposed changes in HIP 70 do not change the of the or HNT, but provide a few advantages to the Helium Network including more HNT available to subDAO reward pools, more consistent mining, more data transfer, more utility for HNT and subDAO crypto , and more .”

  • Following the completion of the migration, a new of the Helium Wallet App will be unveiled.
  • The history of the Helium Layer 1 blockchain tech will remain public, and users can access the new app  by updating their current wallet app.
  • The holders of the HNT crypto token will likewise be able to use other wallets within the Solana (SOL) ecosystem, including Phantom or Solflare.
  • For the uninitiated, Helium is a Google-backed startup established in 2019.
  • It is essentially a distributed network that users cryptocurrency crypto tokens as bonus for sharing their home internet service with a community.
  • Up to now, it has attracted over 952k active node operators, as per the latest data.
READ  Is US Bitcoin ATM Operator Going Public With $1 Billion Valuation a Loser?

The post Helium Is Finally Moving From its Custom Blockchain Tech to Solana appeared 1st on CryptoPotato.

Continue reading on Cryptopotato.com


Disclaimer: This page is simply meant to provide information. It does not constitute a direct offer to purchase or sell, a solicitation of an offer to buy or sell, or a suggestion or endorsement of any goods, services, or businesses. Lolacoin.org does not offer accounting, tax, or legal advice. When using or relying on any of the products, services, or content described in this article, neither the firm nor the author is liable, directly or indirectly, for any harm or loss that may result. Read more at Important Disclaimers and at Risk Disclaimers.



Like it? Share with your friends!

16 shares
Share via
Share via
Send this to a friend